We hope you are safe and find ways to make the best of this pause that we are experiencing. Below is a status update for our organization.
We need to make changes to our spring 2021 schedule because of barriers that we have encountered with COVID-19.
- Call of the North: We have added a new performance by the VocalEssence Ensemble Singers that will premiere on Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 4 PM.
- WITNESS 2021: The premiere of this event has been moved to Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 4 PM.
- Create: The premiere of this event has been moved to Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 2 PM.
- Celebrate: The premiere of this event has been moved to Saturday, May 8 2021 at 2 PM.
- Singing the World Awake: This event is cancelled. We have created a new performance with the VocalEssence Ensemble Singers called Call of the North that will premiere on Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 4 PM.
- Story & Song: These episodes will be announced prior to being released and will not follow the original schedule.
IN PERSON REHEARSALS RESUMING
VocalEssence has decided to resume in-person rehearsals and recordings with singers, using the highest safety protocols possible to keep our singers and recording engineers safe. We will continue to hold all virtual meetings and the staff will work remotely.
SING WITH US VIRTUALLY
While VocalEssence is physically distancing, we continue to look for ways to use the healing power of music to socially connect and keep people thinking positively. Click on the links to learn more.
- Musical Moments with Philip Brunelle: Every week day, Philip shares a little insider information and beautiful music about an important composer.
- Take 5 with GPS: Join us for a hope-filled five-minute daily live stream so we all may lift our voices together in our new routine—hosted by VocalEssence Associate Conductor G. Phillip Shoultz, III. This February, Phillip is highlighting a different Black inventor in 28 Days of Black Excellence.
- Virtual Office: VocalEssence continues to work remotely for the foreseeable future. If you need to get in touch with a staff member, please email them. Click here for a list of our staff emails.