Advance sales are now closed. A limited number of Tickets are still available and can be purchased at the door beginning at 3 PM on Sunday, December 8.
God Jul! Celebrate a Nordic Christmas with carols from Sweden, Finland, and Norway, including the world premiere of Nordic Christmas—a suite of Norwegian carols arranged by Norway’s hot young composer, Kim André Arnesen—commissioned in honor of the 125th anniversary of Sons of Norway. Traverse the fjords and hear arrangements of carols you know, and fall in love with two new carols featuring violin as the Welcome Christmas Carol Contest celebrates its 22nd anniversary.
Tickets are also available as part of a 2019-20 Concert Series Subscription.
- Nordic Christmas by Kim André Arneson
- Stephen was a stable boy by Jaakko Mäntyjärvi
- Det är en ros utsprungen by Jan Sandström
- Snow by Sigurd Lie
- Miles and Miles by Justin Merritt
- A Christmas Garland arranged by Conrad Susa (with audience singing)
- In Silent Night by Mitchell Southall
- Have You Seen the Baby Jesus? by Rosephanye Powell
- O Little Town of Bethlehem by David Evan Thomas
- Two new carol contest winners – SATB with violin
There will be a 20 minute intermission at this performance.
- VocalEssence Chorus & Ensemble Singers
- Chamber instrumental ensemble
- Philip Brunelle, conductor
- G. Phillip Shoultz, III, conductor
Three Things to Know
- In 2016, Kim André Arneson’s Cradle Hymn was performed at the White House for President Obama.
- Since the Welcome Christmas Carol Contest began 21 years ago, VocalEssence has premiered 42 new carols at our Christmas concerts.
- Every Welcome Christmas concert includes an audience sing of a familiar carol—get ready to sing your heart out!