Hear our community come together as hundreds of students join VocalEssence to celebrate Mexico in song. The culmination of a year-long composer-in-residence program, this bilingual concert includes new pieces performed for the first time and an audience sing-along that will leave you with a renewed hope that music can change the world. ¡Viva México!
By ordering a subscription ticket to this concert, you will be seated in the reserved section at The Ordway.
Tickets are currently available as part of a 2019-20 Family Series Subscription. Single tickets go on sale on Monday, August 5, 2019.
- VocalEssence Singers Of This Age
- Twin Cities Elementary and High School Students
Three Things To Know
- All ages are welcome at this concert, and it is best enjoyed by children ages eight and up.
- Through VocalEssence ¡Cantaré!, composers from Mexico participate as artists-in-residence with elementary schools, high schools, and community organizations. The composers work directly with student choirs and community choruses throughout the year, writing new music specifically for each ensemble. This concert is the world premiere of their music!
- This is the 12th year of the VocalEssence ¡Cantaré! program which has reached more than 5,000 students and created more than 175 new Mexican choral works.
2018 VocalEssence ¡Cantaré! 10th Anniversary Concert