VocalEssence is a 501(c)(3) organization governed by an all-volunteer Board of Directors. The VocalEssence Board of Directors is comprised of up to 30 members who represent a wide range of backgrounds including corporate, non-profit, education, community, and leadership experience.
- Current Board
- Fast Facts
- 2022-23 Budget
- VocalEssence in the Community
- Mission, Vision, Values, adopted in 2022
The VocalEssence Board of Directors leads and supports the organization in three key areas: Governance, Ambassador, and Financial.
Board members are asked to actively participate in board meetings, engage in the development and fulfillment of strategic direction, assure governance compliance with organization bylaws, and hire the Artistic and Executive Directors. In addition to attending board meetings, they are asked to actively serve on one of the following four committees.
- Board Affairs Committee nominates new directors, oversees board governance, and monitors the strategic plan.
- Finance Committee develops financial policies, oversees the audit and budget processes, and ensures the viability of the organization’s financial operations.
- Development Committee works with the staff to set contributed income goals and see that they are met.
- Learning and Engagement Committee works with the staff to develop educational partnerships and provide opportunities for adult audiences, students, and the greater community to learn through our musical performances and other interactions.
Board members are asked to serve as an ambassador for VocalEssence in the community, attend our events, and bring others to events.
Board members are asked to ensure and oversee the financial health of VocalEssence. We encourage board members to give at a level that is comfortable and reflects VocalEssence as a priority in your charitable giving. The median board member annual gift is in the range of $1,500. We hope board members will additionally support VocalEssence by purchasing tickets to concerts and supporting our fundraising events.