We are nearly to our goal of $4.5 Million! Help us reach our goal!
For more than half a century, VocalEssence has inspired our community through innovative choral concerts and engagement programs, but now we must do more to meet the rapidly changing needs of our community. The time has come for VocalEssence to harness the power of singing together and channel it into solutions to address some of our greatest challenges, including the widening achievement gap, dramatically changing demographics and racial and socioeconomic inequities.
Here are some of our accomplishments already through the Bridge to the Future Fund:
- Expanded work with VocalEssence Singers Of This Age (VESOTA) High School Choir to include more family services, neighborhood work, and alumni connections and mentorship.
- Established a scholarship stipend for graduating VESOTA members to continue their creative education after graduation.
- Created more inter-generational programming with all four VocalEssence ensembles, including opportunities for all four choirs to sing together in concert for the first time!
- Continued work on increasing inclusion, access, and equity at VocalEssence through intercultural development work with board, staff, and singers.
- Revitalized the VocalEssence mission, vision, and values and created a new strategic plan that aligns current programming with BTTF initiatives to support the future of VocalEssence.
- Continued to work to ensure VocalEssence constituencies reflect the vibrant diversity of our community, including appointing the first female Latina as president of the VocalEssence Board of Directors.
Learn more about our work by watching the videos below, or make your pledge by submitting a pledge form to VocalEssence.