Advanced registration is now closed. All are welcome! Walk up registration begins at 1 PM on Saturday.
IMPORTANT FESTIVAL Update:
Last updated Sat Jan 18 at 7am
The Together We Sing Festival on Saturday, January 18 from 1:30-5 PM will continue as scheduled. We understand that transportation to the Minnesota History Center may vary by person due to weather conditions in your area and will understand if you are unable to attend today’s event. Should you be able to make it today, know that an afternoon of fellowship through singing, service, and snacking is on to warm your spirits on this cold wintry day. Our biggest wish is for you to be well and stay warm, wherever you are.
“Come together…right now” and sing as we honor the musical legacy of Minnesota and the rich tapestry of voices who call it home. Enjoy a performance by future stars from our radically diverse youth choir, VocalEssence Singers Of This Age, and give back to our community through a service project to benefit the Healthy Black Pregnancies initiative. You can learn more about the project and sponsor a Baby Care Package, by clicking here.
This event is free, with advance registration requested. Admission to the museum is optional and may be purchased separately through the Minnesota Historical Society.
Thank you to the Red Balloon Bookshop in St. Paul for their support of this project!
- 1-1:30 PM: Registration
- 1:30 PM: VocalEssence Singers Of This Age performance
- 2-5 PM: Workshops, Service Project, and Snacks
- “The Man Behind the Dream” One Voice Mixed Chorus, Jane Ramseyer Miller, director
- “Songs of First Ave and Beyond” G. Phillip Shoultz, III
Three Things to Know
- All ages welcome, and this is best enjoyed by children ages eight and up.
- The 2019 attendees were thrilled with this event, with one participant noting, “I had no idea what to expect, and I was delighted in a million ways.”
- Part of the event will include giving back to a local nonprofit. More information will be provided as we get closer to the event.