VocalEssence offers WITNESS partner schools the opportunity for their students to interact with one of our VocalEssence Teaching Artists. Teaching Artists explore the yearly program theme through their artistic discipline, creating an integrative academic experience for students combining the study of African American culture with art, music, social studies, literature, character building, and other areas of school curriculum.
VocalEssence provides two days of workshops free of charge to all partner schools. Subsidies are available for schools seeking to further enrich students’ experience through extended workshops or residencies. To sign up as a 2019-20 VocalEssence WITNESS Partner School, click here to complete the online registration process. You may contact Robert Graham at email@example.com or 612-547-1458 with any questions.
2019-2020 VocalEssence Teaching Artists
- Timothy Berry, Vocalist/Composer/Percussionist
- Patricia Brown, Dance Instructor/Choreographer
- Brandon Commodore, Drummer/Music Producer
- Ginger Commodore, Singer/Songwriter/Actress
- Karla Nweje, Instructor/Dancer/Choreographer
- T. Mychael Rambo, Musician/Singer
- Anita Ruth, Musician/Pianist
- Roxane Wallace, Dancer/Choreographer