“Sometimes you don’t know you needed something until it arrives.”
—VocalEssence Singer about our Take 5 with GPS Live Stream
Let’s be honest. It’s been hard. Every time we watch a choir video, listen to our favorite song, or cross off a concert on a schedule, we long for the time when we can come together and experience beautiful music together. We miss you.
Until that time comes (and it will!), we need to keep this essential human art form alive. We need to keep Minnesota singing.
As soon as COVID-19 hit our community, we dug in as a staff to find ways to add joy and connection in this new age. We’ve been rolling out a number of new experiences, and we hope that you have had a chance to sing and soak in the beautiful sounds.
During the #GiveMNatHome week of May 1-8, we’re asking you to help support our goal to #KeepMNSinging with a gift of any amount. We have a generous match from our loyal supporters that will double the impact of your gift. In addition, all gifts through May 31 will have the GiveMN processing fees waived.
Your support will help us keep people singing through the following programs—check them out!
- Musical Moments with Philip Brunelle: Every weekday, Philip shares a little insider information and beautiful music about an important composer.
- Take 5 with GPS: Join us for a short, hope-filled daily live stream so we may lift our voices together in our new routine—hosted by VocalEssence Associate Conductor G. Phillip Shoultz, III.
- Sounds of Hope from VocalEssence Singers Of This Age: Our radically representative youth choir VocalEssence Singers of This Age is creating Sounds of Hope, a singing challenge for all ages, where they will be choosing songs that give them hope.’
- GPS & Friends Live Stream: Launching on April 30, this weekly 30 minute stream will include guest artists from around the world talking about their art and performing. Attendees can chat with the artists throughout the stream chat.
Some love for our new programs:
- “I’ve been making sure to participate with your morning Take 5 every day because it helps me start each day uplifted and cheered. I cannot thank you enough for this infusion of hope and the joy of singing.”
- “I can’t thank you enough. I’m watching them all and am so moved to tears. These are giving me what I need for my students and also support my goal of an attitude of gratitude.”
- “I have been very touched by your [Musical Moment] videos… As we look for ways to stay connected in our current situation, you folks are really leading the way.”